Inspire to Influence
Here are the notes from the keynote presentation by Joseph Bush:
Comparison Is The Enemy of Joy
- What your mind focuses on will expand.
- Thor didn’t have to change back to save the day.
- Everything you need to succeed is already programmed inside of you.
We All Have Dreams
- Your dreams should inspire others.
- A dream is a cherished desire.
- At the end of life most people say, “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.”
- Dreams are about who you want to be not what you want to be.
- You don’t need more stuff to be happy.
What Is Killing Your Dream
- The voice that says, “Nothing is going to change.”
- The voice that says, “Success is out there, but something is wrong with you.”
- The voice that says, “Being distracted is better than living your true life.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEFBtaOySl8
- We all have stories that influence our lives.
- Belief drives behavior.
- Understand that you have narratives.
- Discover where you learned your narratives.
- Experience wonder — stars and sand….. mind-blowing.
- Ask better questions.
- Your history is not your destiny.
- Step away from the familiar.
- What is this for vs. why did this happen?
- I’m on my way to becoming a great ____________________.
- Be humble.
- Sometimes the plans that don’t work out winds up shaping us the most.
- What are you filled with? When you get knocked down, what is inside will spill.
- Minimalism – 333 challenge
- You don’t need more stuff to make you happy.
- Reverse pilot – remove one part of your life and see if it has any negative consequences.
- W.I.N. – What’s important now?
- Be grateful.
- If you are not defined by a vision of your future, you’re left with visions of the past.
- If we underinvest in ourselves, we damage the very tool necessary to make the highest contribution.
- We all want to live enhanced lives.
- Move from comparison to contribution.
- Rise up, spark joy and shine where you are.
- You are all miracles that have limitless potential.
- Change your narrative, build a team and dream big.
- You are enough.
Below are the answers to questions that were asked during the presentation.
- S Prev